Main Article Content
The investigation was carried out during 2013 – 2016 at Dobrudzha Agricultural Institute – General Toshevo, Bulgaria. The traits number of seeds per plant and 1000 kernel weight are of primary importance; they influence the increase of yield. This investigation included 8 hybrid combinations and the parental forms involved in the crosses. The additive-dominant relations of the traits were analyzed through the ratio between the parameters d/a. In crosses 217А x 88R, 813A x 97R, 813A x 100R, and 2003A x 98R, super dominance according to the parental forms was observed. Higher number of seeds per plant and 1000 kernel weight were obtained in these hybrid combinations in comparison to the parental forms. Incomplete dominance of these traits was found in combinations 217 x RW666 and 217 x 138R.
2. Chamurliyski P., N. Tsenov, I. Stoeva, S. Doneva (2012). Economic characterization of some foreign common winter wheat cultivars (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant breeding sciences, No 5 – 49: 13-17 (In Bg).
3. FAOSTAT-FAO (2012). Area harvested. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Available at http://faostat.fao.org/site/567/Desktop
4. Farokhi, E., Khodabandeh, A. and Ghaffari, M. (2008a). Studies on general and specific combining abilities in sunflower. Proc. of the 17th Intl. Sunflower Conf. Vol.2: 561-566. Cordoba, Spain, June 8-12. Intl. Sunflower Assoc. Paris, France.
5. Goksoy T. and Turan Z. M. (2007). Correlations and path analysis of yield components in synthetic varieties of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Acta Agronomica Hungarica 55(3): 33934. 6. Hladni, N., Skoric, D., Kraljevic-Balalic (2008): Line x tester analysis of morphophysiological traits and their correlations with seed yield and oil content in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) Genetika-Belgrade, Vol. 40, No 2.
7. Joksimovic, J. (1992). Evaluation of combining abilities in some inbred sunflower lines, Ph.D. thesis, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Agriculture: 1-157. (In Serbian)
8. Joksimovic, J., Marinkovic, R., Mihaljcevic, M. (1995). Genetic control of the number of flowers and percentage of pollination of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Selection and seed production 2(1):71-74. (In Serbian)
9. Josic, S., and Skoric, D. (2004). Inheritance of some yield components in sunflower. In: Proc. 16th Intl. Sunflower Conf. Vol. 2: 503-510. Fargo, ND, USA, August 29-September 2. Intl. Sunflower Assoc. Paris, France.
10. Kaya Y. and Atakifli K. (2003). Path and correlation analysis in different yield characters in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Anadolu J. 13: 31-45.
11. Kovacik A. and Skaloud V. (1972). Combining ability and production of heterosis in sunflower. Sci. Agr. Bohem. Vol.4 N.4
12. Kholghi M, Bernousi I, Darvishzadeh R, Pirzad A, Hatami Maleki H. (2011). Collection, evaluation and classification of Iranian confectionary sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) populations using multivaraite statistical techniques. Afr. J. Biotech. 10: 5444-5451.
13. Laureti D., Del Gatto A. (2001). General and specific combining ability in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Helia 24 (34): 1-16.
14. Marinkovic R. (1992). Path-coeficient analysis of some yield components of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L). Euphytica, 60, 201-205.
15. Mihova G., D. Dimova (2012). Characterization of the yield components in different forms of feed barley. Field Crop Studies, VIII-1, 23-36 (In Bg).
16. Miller, J. F. and Fick, G. N. (1997). The genetics of sunflower. Sunflower Technology and Production. Schneiter, A.A (Ed.) Agronomy, American Society of Agronomy, Inc., CSSA, SSSA, Inc. Madison, Wisconsin, USA. 441-496
17. Nenova, N., E. Penchev, M. Christov, D. Petakov, M. Drumeva (2005). Structural analysis of important indices in promising sunflower hybrids. Agrarian University - Plovdid, Research communications, vol.L, No 5, 79-84 (In Bg).
18. Quresh, Z., H. Sabir and S. Ahmad (1992). Annual report of NODP, Islamabad. 2: 20-21.
19. Valkova D., N. Nenova, V. Encheva, J. Encheva. (2015). Creation of lines restorers of fertility originated from interspecific hybrids. Agrarian Sciences, Agrarian University - Plovdiv, VII, No. 18, 75-79.
20. Valkova D., J. Encheva, V. Encheva, P. Shindrova, M. Christov (2015). Study of hybrid material originated from interspecific crosses with wild Helianthus annuus L. for resistance to diseases and parasite broomrape. Plant Science, vol. LII, No. 4, 18-21.
21. Valkova, D. (2013). Investigation of the species from genus Helianthus as sources of important breeding characters. Ph.D. dissertation, 200 p (In Bg).
22. Yasin A. B. and Singh S. (2010). Correlation and path coefficient analyses in sunflower. J. of Plant Breeding and Crop Sci. 2(5): 129-133.